This easy, comforting, wintry dish is a weekly go-to in our family. The Hemp Seed Oil gives any seasonal vegetables an earthy lift, without overbearing the flavours of the vegetables. Eat it on its own, as a side dish or take it to your next potluck dinner to win over your friends and family.
Any in-season winter vegetables you have in the house. We used:
- 1 red onion
- ½ of a cauliflower
- ¼ of a large pumpkin
- 8 brussel sprouts
- 2 parsnips
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp Harvest to Hand Hemp Seed Oil
- A sprinkle of Harvest to Hand Hemp Hearts
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and place baking paper on a baking tray, or drizzle a little oil to stop any vegetables sticking.
- Roughly chop your choice of winter vegetables and place on baking tray. Season with turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Roast until all vegetables are cooked through. Place in a large salad dish and add some spinach. Toss to mix through.
- Drizzle with a generous serve of Harvest to Hand Hemp Seed Oil (about 2 tablespoons) and sprinkle some Harvest to Hand Hemp Hearts to serve.